This post is sponsored by Flonase® Allergy Relief.
One the days I don’t have time to hike, I still have to get outdoors. Biking saves me when I’m in a time crunch, when I’m looking for a low-impact way to spend the afternoon outdoors, or when I feel like exploring Denver.
Luckily, I’m not the only one in the family who enjoys riding bikes. In fact, our garage is completely overrun with cruisers, mountain bikes, and road bikes… and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Although a few of us in the family enjoy hiking, everyone looks forward to our bike rides. It may have something to do with the fact that our favorite pathway leads right to our favorite ice-cream shop!
I also love how biking has become so popular. There are tons of new products on the market, and some other items that every rider must-have! A few of my must-haves (and wants) for my bike rides include:
1. Bike: Go high tech, go cute or go both. In pink, obviously.
2. Pink helmet: Since you’re going to wear a helmet, make it a fancy one that also protects. Bonus points to this helmet for also fitting with the sunglasses.
3. FLONASE® Allergy Relief: Blowing your nose on a bike ride is not only hard, but annoying. My allergies won’t give me a rest! Fall is one of the worst times for my allergies and Flonase is my go-to remedy. Suffering from fall allergies? Here are some fun facts that may explain why:
“Ragweed pollen is the source for many common fall allergy symptoms. It grows throughout the United States and releases pollen from August to November. Mold is also a typical trigger for autumn allergies. Molds are fungi (not the ones you eat in salads) that thrive in moist, damp environments. The rotting leaves of fall provide an excellent home for mold growth, and to the detriment of allergy sufferers, release spores into the air to reproduce. These tiny spores are often the culprit for those runny noses and watery, itchy eyes you see in allergy sufferers.” You can read the full article on Flonase.com here.
4. Bike bell: Don’t be that person who scares runners by not letting them know you are coming!
5. Pink sunglasses: Why wear cycling sunglasses? Well, yes, they are definitely a fashion accessory but lightweight, polarized sunglasses protect your eyes from bright sunlight and harmful UV rays, and also offer shield you from the wind, rain, dust, grit and bugs that can impair your vision.
6. Smarthalo: I’m dying to get this smart hub for your bike. The SmartHalo finds routes and bike paths by syncing with your phone and giving you directions on a light halo right on your handlebars. It also tracks your progress as soon as you start pedaling. It’s a night light, that can’t be stolen. But wait, there’s more. SmartHalo notifies you of incoming calls and SMS, directly on your handlebar and also gives weather alerts. But the best feature is that if anyone bothers your bike, a loud alarm will sound. Seems like the only thing it can’t do is pedal for me.
After your bike ride, wind down and check out the Flonase® Fall of Fame to see some of the cutest pets in the country. Be sure to vote for your favorite submission here.
Have fun pedaling your way into fall!