We are thrilled that our blogger friend and uber-talented DIY-er Beth is sharing one of her amazingly simple, yet stunning, tutorials about how to make a Polka Dot Scarf. Please let us know what you think in the comments below, and don't miss her other tutorials (she absolutely rocks) on her blog, Lula Louise! Hi Popcosmo readers! My name is Beth and I run the blog Lula Louise, a DIY Design blog dedicated to sharing tips, tutorials, downloads and inspiration for designing your own DIY life. I’m really excited to be sharing this tutorial with you today. Even if you are new to DIY, anyone can do this. And when you’re done, you’re going to have a fabulous new trendy accessory that will easily mix into your existing wardrobe.
Easy DIY Polka Dot Scarf Tutorial
Materials: solid color scarf fabric paint pencil with unused eraser ruler
1. Lay scarf flat on protected surface (you don’t want to get paint on your table or countertop so cover it with paper or cardboard).
2. Gently dip the eraser end of pencil in fabric paint. Stamp scarf in even pattern using ruler as a guide.
3. Re-coat pencil eraser after every stamp. Be careful not to get too much paint or else it will glop around the edges.
4. Cover scarf with dots. Make the pattern as dense or open as you wish. Allow paint to dry.
5. Set paint according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Option 1: Carve the pencil eraser into a heart stamp.
Option 2: Try overlapping lots of dots at the ends of the scarf and scattering them loosely towards the center.
What do you think, are you going to give the DIY Polka Dot Scarf a try?