I definitely wouldn’t consider myself “trendy” in fashion, but when it comes to food that’s a whole different story. I like trendy food. It’s always fun and most of the time it tastes good and that’s all I can ask for when it comes to what I eat. When I was in New York City the hottest food was (is?) avocado toast. It was on every menu and popped up on my Instagram feed more times than I can count. My cousins and I decided to make it one weekend and I swear we ate so much of it that we weren’t hungry until the next day. It was that good. Actually, it was that amazing. Delicious, impeccable, flawless, etc. Avocado toast is a little bit of heaven spread on a piece of bread.
And here’s the perfect avocado toast recipe:
- Slice two avocados and mash them in a bowl (we liked ours a little chunky but mash until you like the consistency).
- Immediately add lime juice to your mashed ‘cado. This makes it taste amazing and keeps it from turning brown and gross.
- Add salt, pepper, and red chili flakes to taste.
- Toast a piece of bread (we used our gorgeous, fast, and no more "knife to get the bread out" Magimix toaster) -- I <3 my toaster. Seriously.)
- Spread the ‘cado mixture on a piece of toast and add more chili flakes to the top
Life is better with clear toasters. I mean seriously, how cool is this Magimix toaster?!
Let us know if you recreate this avocado toast recipe, and we’d love to see your pictures! Tag us on social media (@popcosmo)! xox Chloe