I was surprised to have a few of you ask about my beauty routine. I mean, I’m always curious to know what other people use, but I thought I was just overly curious. I like to know the latest beauty products and see how they work on real people, not celebs. I seriously thought the only person who cared about my beauty routine was my husband who only wants to know “are you ready yet?” I keep telling him that 45 minutes to shower, dry hair, go through my beauty routine, put on makeup and get dressed (not just jeans and a tee, but really dressed) is not high-maintenance! I’m quick. But he just won’t believe me. I do believe I’m low-maintenance, at least when it comes to my beauty routine, but one thing I will never, ever skimp on is my skincare. We only get one shot and if we mess up our skin, that’s it.
1. Olay Regenerist micro sculpting cream – Once I started using this moisturizer, I started getting compliments. It took about a week and then people started asking me what I had done. I kid you not. And was it coincidence that we were asked to shoot our first magazine cover? (Yes, I said 1st — because you never know!) You be the judge. I’ll just keep using my Olay.
2. Olay ProX deep wrinkle treatment – My wrinkles aren’t gone, but they haven’t gotten any worse and I haven’t stopped laughing and smiling. Sometimes, I even think they are better, but I’m not sure how people measure these things.
3. Yon Ka Fruitelia Age Correction – I haven’t been using this long, but I love it. Most anti-wrinkle creams make me break out. I have extremely sensitive skin and this has been amazing. You use it for a few weeks, then take a break and when your skin starts looking like it needs it, you use it again. Perfect for me!
4. The Everything Pencil EraseZit – I love this pencil. I use it under my eyes which have very, very dark circles from allergies or genetics or bad luck. Who knows, who cares, I just don’t want to see them and since this matches my skin perfectly, I can use it every day. And I use it on pimples. It treats them as well as covers them so they disappear faster.
5. Clarisonic Aria – Simply the best thing to ever happen to my skin: I couldn’t live without this… and didn’t think I needed it. Once you try it, you’ll wonder how your face ever felt clean before using it. There’s a reason everyone becomes a believer once they start using them.
6. SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 – no matter what the weather is doing, I use SPF. It was a BB cream before the term even existed. And it’s SPF 50! It evens out my skintone and protects me from the sun. If I do nothing else at all, this goes on. The sun is my worst enemy. (And best friend – have you had your Vitamin D checked?!)
1. YonKa Masque – LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this masque. I don’t follow the directions at all. I just wash my face in the shower and leave the masque on while I wash my hair and shave. Then rinse. I do it 1-3 times per week. It makes my skin feel great!
2. Bobbi Brown BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 – Although not technically “skincare” it finishes my skin, so I’ve included it. When I’m heading out at night or taking a photo that I want to look super-fab in, I’ll dab this on. Note I said dab since a little goes a looong way. I think I might try more Bobbi Brown products.
3. CosMedix Pure C Mixing Crystals – I’ve been mixing a little of this powder in my moisturizer to brighten & firm my skin. I like that it’s separate from my moisturizer so I don’t always have to use it. Vitamin C definitely makes a difference so I seem to use it more when I’m tired!
I am not a huge make up wearer. I wish I was one of those girls who could just slap on some foundation and blush and look absolutely fantabulous, but I always feel like I look clownish. I don’t know what it is, but it’s the truth, my friends. I have been getting more into lipstick though so I might be starting to get into the whole makeup world.
BUT I have always been into my hair. I think I am addicted to getting haircuts, probably because I just like someone playing with my hair. In sixth grade I got my first straighter and ever since then I feel like I have to have my hair done in order to have a great day – regardless of whether or not I’ve just sat on the couch all day. At BlogHer this year, Mark Hill – yes, THE Mark Hill who is like hair royalty in England & knows every British famous person there is – invited us to have our hair done. When I got the e-mail I may or may not have squealed just a tad bit. Like I said before – I LOVE having my hair done! I never had a better hair day than when they did it (check our Instagram for the photo)! I truly felt like a princess during and after and I am now absolutely head over heels in love with the Mark Hill hair line. My hair literally bounces. Crazy, right? They just launched their line in Walgreens across the US so we finally have the chance to make our hair look royal too!
1 & 2 These shampoos and conditioners by Mark Hill smell almost as good as they work. Why did it take so long to get to the US? I don’t know, but I’m thrilled I can pick this up when I run out!!!
3. I need to start deep conditioning and I’ll use this one by Mark Hill. Curly hair and flat-ironed hair need more moisture, and I’m swearing by this.
4. Sometimes I like my hair straight and my ghd flat iron was worth every penny (especially since it was a gift, haha). It heats up a lot, so that’s why I need to condition, a lot! Higher heat means more breakage.
5. Sometimes I like my hair curly. And this makes the curl just how I like it.
And that’s it, our beauty routines: we each have our focus of hair or skin and maybe it’s because of our age. Either way, we’d love to hear what you focus on more!